Rainbow Connection Pride Portal: Celebrating LGBTQ Diversity
Welcome to The Rainbow Connection Pride Portal: Celebrating LGBTQ Diversity. Explore the vibrant world of LGBTQ diversity and inclusion on our comprehensive page. Stay informed with RSS feeds, immerse yourself in enlightening videos, and browse captivating photos celebrating the LGBTQ community. Discover inspiring stories, advocacy news, and resources for LGBTQ empowerment. From Pride events to personal journeys, our LGBTQ portal offers a safe space for education, support, and celebration. Join us in embracing diversity and fostering inclusivity with our multimedia showcase. Together, we can strengthen our understanding, advocate for positive change, and celebrate the beauty of LGBTQ+ culture.🌈
Some Catholic schools independent of the Cleveland Diocese appear to distance themselves from new LGBTQ policy
Some Catholic schools that are independent of the Diocese of Cleveland appear to be distancing themselves from a new gender policy that has angered many in the LGBTQ community.
In letters and emails to parents and staff, the leaders of some schools run by religious orders say they will continue to offer compassion and counsel to all students at a sensitive and formative time in the lives of youths. (Cleveland.com)
Gay conservative says Trump losing his edge because he remained calm when talking about trans people
Conservative pundit Dave Rubin said that Donald Trump is losing his political edge because Trump didn’t explode in anger when asked whether transgender people exist. In a recent interview, SiriusXM host Megyn Kelly asked Trump, “Can a man become a woman?” (lgbtqnation.com)
In the News
- House Democrats finally fight back against anti-LGBTQ+ GOP military bill (LGBTQ Nation)
- They live in the US, but these LGBTQ couple can’t get married. That could soon change. (msn.com)
- LGBTQ+ Rant: Players Refusing to Wear Rainbows Labeled as “Outdated, Backward, and Homophobic” (The Net Worth Of.com)
- Fire department captain loses job after writing anti-gay comments on Facebook (LGBTQ Nation)
And SO We Rise,” Gay Pride in America Amidst Eroding LGBTQ+ Rights
Contributor: Alex Quintana
Interested in contributing content? Bloggers and Contributors welcomed.
LGBTQ students, allies protest MU Health Care decision to end treatments for trans youth
The first part of the phrase was familiar: “M-I-Z-Z-O-U.
But protesters Friday at Jesse Hall added another part: ” When trans kids die, the blood’s on you.”
Dozens gathered first at Jesse Hall on the University of Missouri campus, then marched to City Hall and back to Jesse Hall.
The target of the protest was MU Health Care, for deciding to end treatment for transgender youth, including those it already was treating. The more than 200 gathered also condemned the legislators who approved the law and called for Columbia to declare itself a sanctuary city, as Kansas City has done.
A new state law prohibits health care providers from providing gender-affirming treatment to youths, but allowed providers to continue the treatments on patients already receiving it. (News.Yahoo.com)
What does 2SLGBTQIA+ stand for?
The acronym “2SLGBTQIA+” is an inclusive and expanded version of the LGBTQ+ acronym, which represents a diverse range of sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions. Here’s a breakdown of what each letter and symbol typically stands for:
- 2S: Two-Spirit – This term is used by some Indigenous North American communities to describe a person who embodies both masculine and feminine qualities, often with a spiritual significance
- L: Lesbian – A term used to describe women who are attracted romantically, emotionally, and/or sexually to other women.
- G: Gay – Originally used to describe men who are attracted to other men, but it is now often used more broadly to include all individuals who are attracted to people of the same gender.
- B: Bisexual – A term used to describe individuals who are attracted romantically, emotionally, and/or sexually to people of both their own gender and other genders.
- T: Transgender – Refers to individuals whose gender identity differs from the sex assigned to them at birth.
- Q: Queer or Questioning – “Queer” is a term that has been reclaimed by some LGBTQ+ individuals to describe their non-heteronormative sexual orientation or gender identity. “Questioning” refers to individuals who are exploring or questioning their sexual orientation or gender identity.
- I: Intersex – Intersex people are born with physical or biological traits that do not fit typical definitions of male or female.
- A: Asexual – Asexual individuals do not experience sexual attraction to others or have a very low or absent interest in sexual activity.
- +: The “+” symbol is added to the acronym to be inclusive of other identities and orientations that may not be explicitly listed in the acronym. It represents the idea that the LGBTQ+ community is diverse and continually evolving, and it aims to include all individuals whose identities fall outside of heterosexual and cisgender norms.
It’s important to note that language and terminology related to LGBTQ+ identities can vary and evolve over time, and different communities and individuals may use slightly different variations of the acronym.